What is a USDA Loan?
A USDA loan is a government-insured home loan that allows you purchase a home with no money down.
USDA loans offer 100% financing to qualified buyers, and allow for all closing costs to be either paid for by the seller or financed into the loan. USDA offers some the lowest rates of any loan, and always have a fixed interest rate.
USDA Loan Eligibility will be determined by three factors:
1) Credit Worthiness:
When an underwriter reviews your credit history on a USDA loan, the principal thing they will be looking for is a history of paying your bills in a timely fashion. If you have had blemishes in the past, they may be overlooked as long as you have re-established your credit over the past 12 months. Generally, any open judgments or collections will need to be paid off before you close on your new home.
2) USDA Loan Income Restrictions:
You will need to be able to document your income on a USDA loan. USDA will generally want to see a two-year history of employment or consistent income. Exceptions on the two-year requirement can be made for applicants such as students. On a USDA loan, assets are not required for approval, but can help overcome any possible blemishes on your credit.
3) Where You Live:
In order to qualify for a USDA loan, your home must be located in a USDA-designated rural area. You can check the USDA eligibility of your county. It might surprise you just how many areas of the United States do qualify for these no-money-down home loans. The goal of the USDA loan program is to help our nation’s small, rural communities thrive by making land and property more affordable.
- Rhona was professional and a pleasure to work with. She was always 5 steps ahead of me. And communicated throughout the process so I was always informed. Thank you Rhona!Beth
- We are very pleased with the entire process. American Family Funding, and your entire staff, has been very helpful and courteous. We are very happy that we decided to refinance with you and your company. Thanks for the great service. It is truly appreciated.Bob
- Overall Affloans did an outstanding job. Fred Arnold paid close attention to our situation and he stepped in whenever there was a need. We were seeking a large loan and so I initiated a mortgage request with three companies, one of which was a large bank. Of the three Affloans outperformed the other two in almost every metric, the most important one being the appraisal of the property on which we were raising the mortgage. The Affloans appraiser was far more professional than the other two.
- Thank you for your expertise, your help and your patience. I will gladly refer you to anyone without any hesitation and complete any satisfaction survey.Fran
This was the smoothest process anyone can ask for! Patti made it seamless and took care of every detail. She walked us through everything and gave us creative solutions with our funding. I really love that she took the time to explain everything so that we understood our obligations from costs/fees, impounding totals and our monthly payments. No surprises. In case you are wondering, I had a few surprises from using previous advisors and Patti definitely raises the bar pretty high. We highly recommend using her in the future.
- Jilyn was very patient and explained to us every step of the way. She has awesome customer service skills and we will refer her to all our friends and family Marisa