What is a Conventional Loan?
A conventional loan is any mortgage that is not guaranteed or insured by the federal government.
A conventional loan is generally referring to a mortgage loan that follows the guidelines of government sponsored enterprises (GSE’s) like Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. Conventional loans may be either “conforming” or “nonconforming”. Conforming loans follow the terms and conditions set by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Non Conforming loans don’t meet Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac guidelines, but they are also considered conventional. Whether you’re buying a home or want or refinance your mortgage, a conventional loan might be right for you. If you’re unsure about your credit rating, or have concerns about a down payment, conventional mortgages can give you peace of mind with super low closing costs and flexible payment options.
- Jilyn was awesome to work with. She worked with us and guided us every step of the way even before being able to get pre-approved. She let us know exactly what we needed to do to improve our credit to be able to purchase our home. Without Jilyn I don't believe we would be in our new home.
- Rhona was beyond awesome! She went above and beyond the whole way!David
- Overall, it was a good experience. They made sure to make it as easy as possible. Very satisfied with service, Vytas.Christian
- Patti Handy was recommended to my husband and I by our realtor when the lender we had chosen was missing deadlines and unresponsive. We started the loan application over with Patti and in one week she had moved it along faster than the first lender in three weeks. She kept in contact to let us know what needed to be done, sent email videos that explained every step, and was genuinely concerned with helping us get through the approval process to get our new home. We would highly recommend her and would give her 5 stars in all areas.
- Fred and team were wonderful to work with and we would highly recommend them to our friends and family.Kathy
Patti was not only intelligent and knowledgeable, but extremely personable and helpful. I would recommend her to anyone that is looking to purchase or refinance their home.
She is the BEST!!! I have never had such great customer service. I went through some ups and downs with the offers, but Patti was there for me every step of the way. She gave me facts that allowed me to weigh my decisions and make better decisions. I have already told many friends to use her if they have lending needs. I can't tell you one negative thing!!
Unbelievable service! Patti is extremely knowledgeable, patient and was able to explain everything to my husband and I in simple terms. Things can be quite confusing in the mortgage world but Patti made sure that everything made sense to us. She would answer emails and phone calls on the weekends and always checked in with us to let us know how things were progressing. At the end of the process it felt like Patti was a part of the family! Patti is an absolute pleasure to work with and we will only work with her from here on out if we need to refi or if we ever need a new mortgage.
Patti always returned emails and answered the phone promptly.