Fred Arnold NMLS #214841
Fred Arnold is an industry leader and seasoned veteran in the areas of mortgage lending and public speaking. Fred began his career in 1991 after graduating from California State University Northridge. Fred is a mortgage professional with American Family Funding and his business is 100% referral based and he has helped his clients obtain over a billion dollars in mortgage loans over the past two decades. His belief is that if you help enough people get what they want out of life, then you will always achieve your goals and dreams.
Fred often speaks to business and consumer groups on the economy, the state of the housing market and how to get the best investment when buying real estate. Fred hosts a TV show, ”Out of the Rough”, on SCVTV and hosts the radio show, “The SCV Chamber Business Spotlight”, on AM 1220 KHTS. Fred was recognized as one of the Top 40 Business People under 40 in Southern California by “The San Fernando Business Journal”.
Fred currently serves on the OLPH school board, COC Foundation Board, Child and Family Foundation Board and Santa Clarita Valley Coalition Board. He most recently served as the Chairman for the SCV Chamber of Commerce (2013), served as treasurer for The National Association of Mortgage Brokers (2013), Secretary for Matadors Community Credit Union and was the President for the California Association of Mortgage Professionals (2008-2009). Fred is licensed by the California Department of Real Estate (01173600) and the NMLS (214841).
Please enjoy this quick update on what happened this week in the housing and financial markets. I’m…
- We've know Fred for over 25 years and have done multiple mortgages with him. We've recently retired, and found that our mortgage opportunities have changed significantly and have become much more challenging without regular employment income. Fred and his team met these challenges head on, and came up with a customized plan that met our needs perfectly. And as always, the process was smooth and conducted with the highest degree of integrity.
- American Family Funding was recommended to me by a person at another bank who did not do the type of loan we needed. My mother was trying to take out a loan on her fully paid for house with Bank of America to finance the care of my stepfather in a home board and care. She had been with BofA for decades and had more than enough income/assets to qualify. After initially being told "all good" followed by more than 3 months of rudeness, asking for documents already provided, repeatedly changing the terms of the loan, and telling us "we don't care if you go somewhere else" my Mom was in tears and I fired them. AFF completed the deal in less than 6 weeks, on the terms originally agreed to and with kindness and understanding in a very stressful situation. Nicole and Fred were outstanding, efficient and professional. I would recommend them again and again and again.David
- You guys made this process super smooth. We weren’t the easiest clients I’m sure, but you made us feel special and like we matter. Thank you , thank you, thank you!Pete
- Fred provided me with an exceptional level of expertise in the various available loan options and their requirements and recommended the best fit for refinancing my residential mortgage. He and the staff clearly explained the process and the documentation required by the loan underwriter. Whenever a question arose Fred was quite easy to contact and then quickly and accurately responded.
I think Fred Arnold and the office (Araceli) staff were fantastic at each step toward getting our loan. I have and will continue to recommend Fred and American Family Funding.Daren
- Fred Arnold and his team at American Family Funding made refinancing a painless experience. They were so efficient and friendly and there were no "last minute panics" that I've experienced in the past. This is what a business should be run like. Got me an amazing rate with a amazing lender. I can't thank Fred and his team enough. Highly recommended.