Steve Schaefer NMLS #950999
As American Family Funding’s Reverse Mortgage Specialist, Steve Schaefer is a licensed mortgage professional committed to helping fellow “Baby Boomers” and retirees secure their golden years. He understands that many retirement portfolios may have taken a hit in recent years and he is happy to show older homeowners how to strategically use the equity in their homes with a Reverse Mortgage to better build a solid retirement plan.
Steve and his wife Linda have lived in the Santa Clarita Valley for over 30 years, raising their two adult children, Mark and Lindsay, in this wonderful community. Steve has a diverse professional background, having worked for KABC-TV, United Way, The Music Center, and the American Red Cross – all with the common goal of helping people meet their needs and improve their lives. He is an active member of the Santa Clarita Valley Nonprofit Leadership Network and the Knights of Columbus Council 6016.
Steve looks forward to meeting with you to show how a Reverse Mortgage can work for you!
- Their team went above and beyond by providing ongoing communication.Andrew
Fred and his team have provided me with excellent service for three home refinances. They were always there to answer any questions I had to make the loan experience fast and friendly. Now they have on line videos to make the loan even easier.Ross
- Fred and Nicole at American Family Funding were amazingly thorough and responsive to all the questions and uncertainties of our first home buying experience. I felt that Fred was patient and supportive in explaining all of the options within the complex process of buying a house and he was willing to repeat things, that I didn’t understand the first time, without causing me to feel pressured or overwhelmed. These guys rock! And I will definitely …call AFF again if I ever need to buy another house.Dave
- American Family Funding was recommended to me by a person at another bank who did not do the type of loan we needed. My mother was trying to take out a loan on her fully paid for house with Bank of America to finance the care of my stepfather in a home board and care. She had been with BofA for decades and had more than enough income/assets to qualify. After initially being told "all good" followed by more than 3 months of rudeness, asking for documents already provided, repeatedly changing the terms of the loan, and telling us "we don't care if you go somewhere else" my Mom was in tears and I fired them. AFF completed the deal in less than 6 weeks, on the terms originally agreed to and with kindness and understanding in a very stressful situation. Nicole and Fred were outstanding, efficient and professional. I would recommend them again and again and again.David
- Highly recommended! They are very thorough and very dependable!!!Joanne
- We are very pleased with the entire process. American Family Funding, and your entire staff, has been very helpful and courteous. We are very happy that we decided to refinance with you and your company. Thanks for the great service. It is truly appreciated.Bob